After thirty years in adult education and Jungian psychology, I was
absolutely thrilled to experience the groundbreaking scientific
research on emotional intelligence and how clearly it connected
my personal and professional interests in education and psychology.
I believe that our addEQ Program will provide you with a learning
journey to grow your emotional intelligence and make the future happen
in the rich and wonderful way you would like it to be.
Enjoy the journey!
Dr. Michael E. Rock
Professor and Licensed EQ-i Coach & Facilitator
I am an EQ coach and facilitator who is licensed and certified with
the BarOn EQ-iTM (Emotional Quotient - Inventory)TM, the world's only
scientifically, statistically and cross culturally validated
measurement of emotional intelligence. I believe that by assessing,
developing and discovering our emotional intelligence, we are able to
live a life with more grace and presence to enjoy the fruits of a life
I have consulted to such organizations as The World Bank, Bendix Corp.,
American Chiropractic Association, IBM Canada, Esso Resources,
Imperial Oil, United Financial Investments, Financial Post,
Globe Realty, Royal Bank, United Nations and the City of Vaughan.
I have written over 150 articles on human development topics in such journals as:
I have published the following books:
- Human Resource, Canadian Management,
- Pennsylvania Chiropractic Journal,
- Rasaneh (first Persian-English Journal in Canada),
- Toronto Business,
- ACMO (Association Condominium Managers of Ontario).
- Reflections: The Human Journey. Unionville: Oak Publications, 1985.
- Grippings: Reflections on the Human Journey. Unionville: Oak Publications, 1987.
- Ethics: To Live By, To Work By. Toronto: Concept Press, 1991.
- Management (special contributor to Richard L. Daft). Toronto: Dryden, 1992.
- The Dynamics of Supervision. Toronto: Dryden, 1994.
- Managing Human Resources in Canada. Toronto: Dryden, 1995.
- The 7 Pillars of Visionary Leadership [w/CD] (co-author Michael Cox, Ph.D.). Toronto: Dryden, 1997.
I have been teaching since 1960 at the University of Ottawa, Indiana University,
Seneca College, Brock University, and York University, Toronto.
- B.A. (Classics: English-Greek-Latin), University of Ottawa, 1965
- B.Ph. (Philosophy), University of Ottawa, 1965
- B.Th. (Theology), St. Paul University/University of Ottawa, 1967
- M.Th. (Theology), St. Paul University/University of Ottawa, 1969
- L.Th. (Licentiate, Theology), St. Paul University/University of Ottawa, 1969
- Ed.D. (Doctor of Education), Indiana University, 1974